Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sleeping and hands

I always feel bad venting about her, because I love her more than life itself, but sometimes, like tonight, I get so annoyed. It just took me an hour and a half to get her to sleep. It's killer because I know she's tired, but she just wants to be rocked to sleep and I feel that at almost three months, it's time for her to start learning to sleep on her own. I am impatient though, and despite this being the first day we've tried it, I expect her to understand and just sleep.

Oh, and she’s discovered her hands. This just started happening this week and it’s adorable! When she’s hungry, she goes at her hands like they’re hamburgers! She’s actually managed to get her entire fist in her mouth. It’s too cute. And she found a foot the other day. She grabbed it, kind of looked at it with this quizzical look as if to say “why can I feel that?”. I love watching her discoveries. It’s amazing to literally see her making those connections and know that she is learning and growing. She’s such an amazing baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the real lesson here is she needs a nap no matter where she is visiting. It makes life more bearable for everyone and keeps her in a set routine. I love all about her and I don't mind telling you I cry for the want of holding her and having our first conservation. looking forward to next weekend. Kisses, gigi

Related Posts with Thumbnails