Monday, January 29, 2007

Ack! She's One!!

I do not know how this happened, but my little girl is one...this year has gone by so fast (cliche, I know).

She's changed so much in the last year, it's hard to believe she's even the same human being. She's gone from a poopin', cryin', eatin' machine to a little girl who still does all those things, but so much more!

She can:
crawl
walk holding my hand
stand
try to eat with a fork
brush her teeth
brush her hair (and mine)
try to put on socks, shoes, shirts
try to take off diapers!
put her cap on her sippy cup
do a somersault (with help)
climb up slides
and go down them
blow out
kiss
hug
drink from a bottle (this was a big feat)
say "see you later" and "i love you" (sounds like seoolayla and ilavoo)
talk on the phone, and call people too
say "nana" and "hello" and "bye" and "bubble" and bark like Zoe

She's just an amazing little thing, and the most perfect thing Michael and I have ever accomplished together. I think surviving her first year is also a huge accomplishment, and I'm giving us a much deserved pat on the back for the great job we've done. We've thus far raised a compassionate, loving, sweet little girl, who's intensity of emotion continues to surprise and amaze me.

Peanut is fantastic, and judging by this first year, the rest of our lives are going to be a rollercoaster of epic proportions and I can't wait! I really do look forward to watching her continue to grow and change and develop as a person.

-Mama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the best time! Love, love, love to all.
Mom and Dad, Nonna and Poppa

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!! Such a cute story!!! Seemed like you were giving an exceptance speech..HEHE!!! I love all the details!!!! And her pics are adorable as always!! She is such a cutie!! Thanks so much for sending the email so I could check out your site!!!! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!!! Here's to many more great years to come!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful recap of sweet Ryan Elizabeth's first year! You are such an amazing mama, how can she not be perfect!? Congrats on the first year filled with so many amazing memories and best wishes on all the memories left to make!

The Pilgrims said...

One year has come and gone already? I can't believe it! She has grown so much... and is such a sweetie! Micah and I look forward to saying hello to her when we visit in June!
~Becky

Lori Huneke said...

hey!! im new to the blogger scene! I just added a link to your page! Ill have to order some of those rockin baby legs for this fall. hope youre doing well!! ta ta!

Related Posts with Thumbnails