Friday, June 06, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco...

Is it possible to have a love affair with a city?

Yep.


And sorry Michael, I'm in love with San Francisco. But I know you know that, and I know you are too. We decided that if we could ever afford a 2.4 M dollar home, that's where we'd buy. Right on Hyde, between Chestnut and Lombard. It's yellow, and adorable, and 2.4 M dollars.

I love it.

And really, seriously, despite all the tourists, the overpriced food, the cheesy souvenirs, I love that city. Don't get me wrong, I love Seattle too. But something about SF...maybe it's because I've never actually lived there that there's still a romance about it. It hasn't been ruined by things like living in the U District, or strange construction projects, or taxes. Or maybe it's because it's practically an island, or is that an isthmus? Don't know, don't care. It's surrounded on three sides by water, and you can use any number of bridges, ferries or underground mass transit to get there.




And it's not just the shopping, although, obviously, it's world class. From about 800 GAP stores in a 49 sq. ft area, to Britax, the coolest fabric store ever, you can seriously shop that city for days...and I have. But not this trip.




This trip was our anniversary trip. Michael and I have been married for four years now, and still going strong. We actually like each other. And enjoy each other's company. That's pretty freakin' cool. We had such a nice time walking (ok, hiking) the city, plotting our dream life, enjoying the tourists and the myriad languages we heard, watching the sea lions play and frolic at Pier 39, and eating overpriced sandwiches at Boudin's, the SF landmark bakery. Then, of course, a few blocks away, we found Kennedy's Pub and Curry, which sounded so cool, but we were stuffed, and needed no more food/beer.






Back to reality...we returned home, satiated with one another, and with San Francisco, for a little while at least.


It also happened to be First Wednesday in Pleasanton, so we went downtown to enjoy the music, food and quality people-watching that Pleasanton allows. RE had fun dancing to the great guitar tunes.

1 comment:

AlyssaP said...

What's to like? I kid, I kid! :) Miss you guys already. Maybe we'll all live in the City by the Bay one day... in our mansions, of course. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails