Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Worth more dead?

I know that's sort of gross and morbid, but I got my social security statement the other day, and I'm worth more to my family dead. Quite a bit, too. Apparently the Bush administration thinks I'm worth about $2000. I guess that's really how much work I do, between cleaning, folding laundry and raising a toddler. But a horribly morbid thought nonetheless.

Yep, that's the kind of mood I'm in though. I'd say I need a vacation, but I think I need a vacation from vacations. There is such a thing as too much of something good. And as much as I love to travel, I actually LOVE Seattle summers, and I've missed quite a bit of this one.

Oh yeah, and I kind of need to find another job. Anyone know of one? One where I can work parttime and it must pay rather well (like, enough to warrant paying $65/day for daycare). Oh yeah, and it'll have to be M-W-F, because RE is in preschool T-Th. I've been out of the normal everyday workforce for so darn long I don't even know what I'm qualified for anymore...Childbirth Ed is great, but it's infrequent, unfortunately. Crafting and sewing is fun, but it don't pay the bills. So, if you know of something, holler at me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails