Saturday, May 01, 2010

Reflections...

Lately I've been spending a lot of time reflecting: on who I am, what I love, and what I might like to do with my life (well, our lives, really). Nursing a newborn gives a mama A LOT of time for retrospection.

These thoughts, as of right now, are quite incomplete, and just a jumble of ideas all over the place. Mama's plotting and planning, and trying not to get too far ahead of myself. Six weeks post partum is rarely a good time to make clear decisions about anything.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying my new camera (have I mentioned that yet? Cause I really love it.). I've taken a few pictures of myself reflected in various windows lately, and I think I might have started something. Mama and her girls, reflected in the window of a Seattle Underwater exhibit at the Aquarium, gave me pause. It is, in a sense, us, reflected in our home. Or maybe it's our home reflected in us. Which is why I dig reflections, and the circular logic it requires to comprehend them. And why, out of all the thinking and reflecting I've been doing lately, I've got nothing but a jumble of thoughts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails