Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sesame Street

I grew up on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. Well, those are really the only children's songs I know, and for some reason, the only songs I can recall the words and melodies to lately. So, I've been singing a lot of that song "Sing" to Ryan. It always makes her smile, no matter what fuss she's having (I don't know if she likes the song, or is laughing at my tone deaf voice).

I went and bought the Sesame Street Platinum All Time Faves CD tonight and she was fussy, fussy, fussy while we were listening to it, until we got to "Sing" and she immediately recognized it and started smiling. Of course, being the emotional wreck that I am, I started crying. I just love that 26 years later, the same songs that made me smile as a kid are making my daughter smile.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails