Friday, May 05, 2006

It's been a while...

Things have been so busy around here!

We were on vacation last weekend, and then, we returned to a ton of errands and stuff we wanted to do while Michael was at home.

Vacation: Went very well...very busy though. Oh man was it busy. ALL of our family was there, mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend, my aunt, my uncle and his wife, my grandma. It was overwhelming, to say the least. But everyone wanted to meet RE, and she was her usually cheery self most of the time!

It was over 80 degrees while we were down there, so RE really had NO idea what to do with the weather. She slept all day long, and didn't really want to be held, unless we were in the A/C mall. Just as she started adapting to the weather, we headed home! But the weather's been great here too, though not 80, and she's enjoying herself.

On Friday morning, we went with Alyssa to check out wedding gowns. It was good times, even though RE decided to poop on my new white pants. Oh, the joys of motherhood. I should have known, if I was brazen enough to wear white pants, it was bound to happen! Alyssa found some lovely dresses, and hopefully, one will be "the one" as her wedding is in August!

Speaking of August weddings, this means that as a bridesmaid, I have less than 4 months to work out and get this baby weight off. I refuse to be the bridesmaid everyone excuses for being a little chubby, saying "she just had a baby". Yeah, 7 months ago. I don't want to be THAT girl.

Saturday was Ashley's big 4th birthday party! She had a bounce house. Nuff said. I think the big boys might have gotten even more out of it than the kids!!

Sunday was RE's big day...her baby naming. It was a really beautiful ceremony, and talked about the history of women in the Jewish faith, and how she was now a part of that history. We washed her feet as a symbol of the Mikvah, a traditional cleansing that women do. Her Jewish name is Rayna Elisheva. We chose Rayna because it means "pure" in Hebrew, the same thing that Kathryn means in Greek. So, it's kind of like we have the same name, in a sense.

She fell asleep at her big party, poor little thing was so wiped out from all the fun and heat. But we had more friends over later and she was up and enjoying the crowds. Such a party girl!

Monday was a mellow day...we just did some errands, hit the mall (wouldn't be a trip to Ptown without hitting Stoneridge) and Michael and I did In-n-Out. Yum. Man, I miss that stuff. When they open one in Washington, I'm going to be one of those crazy people camping out for days.

All in all, a great trip. RE did awesome on the planes, I think we might have a world traveler on our hands!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails