Monday, August 18, 2008

Our first major disappointment

We were supposed to go to a birthday party today, but it was pouring. Not just a little rain, either, but full on downpour, crazy heavy rain. So, the party was canceled. I tried to make it up to her by taking her to a covered play area, getting her a milk from Starbucks, getting cupcakes at Safeway (since that's what she really wanted anyway), but alas, no good.

Mommy, my party is broken.
Yep, Ry, it's broken.
It's far, far away and we can't get to it?
Yep, it's far, far away and we can't go.
Mommy?
Yeah?
Get out your tools and fix it.
Oh, man, I can't...I'm not that good.

I tried to fix it with the cupcakes, but it was less than satisfactory.

ETA: On Tuesday, which was not a rainy day, she announced that the weather man had fixed her party with his tools. I don't know where she gets this stuff...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails